The MFB family consists of Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) transceiver modules that are specifically designed for high performance integrated duplex data link over single mode optical fiber. These transceiver modules are compliant with the SFP Multisource Agreement (MSA) and hot pluggable. These modules offer an easy way to be installed in SFP MSA compliant ports at any time without the interruption of the host equipment operation.
The MFB SFP transceivers using a long wavelength (1310nm) FP LD enable data transmission up to 2km on a multimode optical fiber and up to 60km on a single mode optical fiber.
To meet the increasing demand of Industrial Ethernet fiber solution, Planet has released the MFB-T 100Base-FX transceiver series that can operate reliably in electrically harsh, climatically demanding, and wide temperature range (-40℃ to 75℃) environment. The MFB-T 100Base-FX transceiver series provides easy and fast 100Base-FX connection for Planet wide temperature industrial equipment.
The MFB family SFP Fast Ethernet transceivers can be installed in PLANET Switch and Media Converter products with 100Base-FX SFP interface. The deployment distance can be extended from 2km (Multi-Mode, LC) up to 60 kilometers (Single-Mode, LC).
The MFB family SFP Fast Ethernet transceivers are hot-pluggable and hot-swappable. You can plug in and pull out the transceivers to / from any SFP port without having to power off the Switch / Media Converter.
The MFB-T 100Base-FX transceiver series is an ideal solution for -40℃ to 75℃ wide temperature industrial equipment with 100Base-FX SFP interfaces. The deployment distance can be extended from 2km (Multi-Mode, LC) up to 20km (Single-Mode, LC).
Features and Benefits
- SFP Multi-Source Agreement compliant
- 125Mbps IEEE 802.3u 100Base-FX compliant
- Industry standard small form pluggable (SFP) package (for model MFB-TFX / MFB-TF20 )
- 125Mbps FDDI ISO / IEC 9314-1 compliant
- Serial ID functionality support
- AC-coupled differential inputs and outputs
- Class 1 laser safety standard IEC 825 compliant
- 2km link on a multimode fiber and 20km to 60km on a single mode fiber
- Low power dissipation
- 0 to 60 degrees C operating temperature for MFB-FX / MFB-F20 / MFB-F40 / MFB-F60 / MFB-FA20 / MFB-FB20
- -40 to 75 degrees C operating temperature for MFB-TFX / MFB-TF20
PHY Type: 100Base-FX
Fiber Type: Single Mode
Maximum Distance: 20km
Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 60 degrees C