PLANET QSFP-40G series consists of Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable (QSFP) transceiver modules that are specifically designed for high-performance integrated duplex data link over single mode optical fiber. These transceiver modules are compliant with the QSFP Multisource Agreement (MSA) and hot pluggable. These modules offer an easy way to be installed in QSFP MSA compliant ports at any time without the interruption of the host equipment operation.
The QSFP-40G series also supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that greatly helps network administrator to easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current, and transceiver supply voltage.
The QSFP-40G series of the QSFP+ Ethernet module can be installed in PLANET switch products with 40GBASE-SR4/LR4 QSFP+ interface. The deployment distance can be extended from 100 meters (multi-mode, MPO) up to 10 kilometers (single-mode, LC). The QSFP+ transceivers are hot-pluggable and hot-swappable. You can plug in and pull out the transceivers to/from any QSFP+ port without having to power off the switch.
Features and Benefits
- Comply with the IEEE 802.3ba 40GBASE-SR4/LR4 Ethernet standard
- QSFP+ multi-source agreement (MSA) compliant
- Single LC connector (QSFP-40G-LR4)
- MPO/MTP optical connector (QSFP-40G-SR4)
- Length up to 100m over OM3 fiber and 150m over OM4 fiber (QSFP-40G-SR4)
- Single power supply 3.3V
- Hot pluggable
- Support Digital Diagnostic Monitoring (DDM)
- Plug and Play Installation
- 0 to 60 degrees C operating temperature
PHY Type: IEEE 802.3ba 40 Gigabit Ethernet Standard
Fiber Type: Single-mode
Maximum Distance: 10km
Operating Temperature: 0~60 degrees C